Hi! Thanks for visiting!

Do you love to cook? So do I. In this site you are going to find some amazing recipes for even the pickiest eaters. I hope you enjoy and let me know how you like them!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chicken Spinach Lasagna

Do you like chicken? Do you like lasagna? Well here is a great twist on lasagna that was given to me be my mother in law.

Ingredients:

* 2 pounds or 4 chicken breasts
* 16 oz of frozen spinach
* 1 small bag of chopped pecans
* 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
* 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
* 2/3 cup of mayo
* 2 cups sour cream
* 1 med onion diced sauteed
* 1 package mushrooms sauteed
* 2/3 bag of shreeded cheddar (I use sharp)
* 2/3 bag of shredded mozzarella
* 1 tablespoon of veg oil ( plus a little more to put in your boiling water for the lasagna noodles)
* Lasagna noodles ( I use nine for 3 layers)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on the box (add some veg oil to your water to prevent noodles from sticking together)
3. Defrost spinach and squeeze out excess water
4. In a large pot, mix together cream of mushroom, sour cream, mayo, cheddar, mozzarella, cooked onions & mushrooms, and spinach. Cook over medium-low heat until all the cheese is melted. About 15 minutes.
5. In a skillet, add your tablespoon of veg oil, and add chicken cooking over medium heat until no longer pink inside. ( I like to cut my breasts into strips for faster cooking time. Put a lid over it. You want to steam it, not fry it)
6. After chicken is cooked, shred it to your desired size and add it to your sauce mixture.
7. In a greased 9x13 casserole dish, lay 3 noodles down, then the sauce mixture, and repeat for 3 layers.
8. Top with parmesan cheese and then the chopped pecans.
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Check after 40 min. to make sure it's not getting too brown.
10. Enjoy!!!

I love this recipe! Although it is a little extensive, the results are well worth the time and effort. If you think pecans sound a little wierd on a lasagna, you're not alone, I did too. But after tasting it, I wouldn't want to make it any other way. This serves about 10 people. So if you'd like a smaller portion, just cut the recipe in half and use an 8x8 dish instead. Thank you Brenda for the wonderful recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment