Hi! Thanks for visiting!

Do you love to cook? So do I. In this site you are going to find some amazing recipes for even the pickiest eaters. I hope you enjoy and let me know how you like them!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010


Meatloaf

So here's my first recipe. I just made this the other night and it was delicious!

Ingredients:

* 2 pounds of hamburger meat
* 1 cup of ketchup (divided into 1/3 cup and 3/4)
* 1/2 of a large green bell pepper (diced)
* 1/2 of a large yellow onion (diced)
* 2 tablespoons of worcestershire
* 2 eggs
* 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
* 1 1/2 cups of crushed saltine crackers
* 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
* 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
* Salt and pepper for seasoning

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. You need to saute the onions and peppers together over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes. If you skip this step, you will have crunchy vegetables in your meatloaf.
2. Mix meat, eggs, 1/3 cup of ketchup, cracker crumbs, garlic, S&P, and cooked peppers and onion in a large bowl by hand. Make sure to mix well.
3. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar together. This is your topping.
4. Put your meatloaf mixture in a greased loaf pan. Or I like to use a square baking dish. Make sure to push it all down evenly.
5. Last, spread the ketchup mixture on top, and bake for an hour.
6. when done, let rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.


I hope you like it! Let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment